This application process involves four phases. Please do not engage in phases 2, 3, or 4 unless invited to do so. Thank you for your interest in decriminalizing consensual adult prostitution in the U.S. Please click here to see the job description.
PHASE #1: RESUME AND COVER LETTER
Please submit your cover letter and resume — no more than two pages each — in PDF or Word format via email@example.com at your earliest convenience. Because a DSW staffer will be processing incoming documents on a rolling basis, the sooner you apply, the sooner you’d move through the application process.
In the SUBJECT LINE of the email you’ll be sending to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include the word “application.”
In your COVER LETTER, be sure to address the following:
* Please include your email address somewhere near the top or bottom.
* How did you learn about the job opening?
* What’s your most significant experience that relates to the job? (Experience with sex-work advocacy or sex work generally is not necessary.)
* How soon would you be able to start working?
* If you don’t live in Austin, would you prefer to stay in your current location, move to Austin, or neither?
Please do not follow up with anyone on the DSW staff to inquire about your status. Instead, an auto-responder will confirm that your pair of documents was received, and a real person at DSW will email you a substantive response within 7 calendar days after you’ve submitted your documents.
PHASE #2: WRITTEN DOCUMENTATION
Candidates who succeed in phase #1 above will be asked to submit an additional written document that’s relevant to the job. (This will be specified later.)
PHASE #3: PHONE INTERVIEW
Candidates who succeed in phase #2 above will be asked to participate in a 20-minute phone interview with a DSW staffer.
PHASE #4: Zoom/Skype INTERVIEW
Candidates who succeed in phase #3 above will be asked to do an in-person interview in Austin or a Zoom interview otherwise.
If hired, the start date can be a fair bit flexible, but starting nearly ASAP is preferred.
Thank you for your interest in Decriminalize Sex Work.
The application deadline for new job applicants has passed. (The deadline was May 13, 2021.)
For the small number of applicants who are still engaged in DSW’s hiring process for the position above, please note the following:
* The Phase #3 phone interviews are scheduled for May 18-19.
* If invited, the five or so finalists will be doing the Phase #4 interviews on May 25-26, to take place via Zoom (even for applicants who live in Austin).
* DSW plans to make a job offer on May 27.
* The applicant who accepts the job offer can choose to start working at DSW anytime during the three weeks after May 27.